ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (AO)
A. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Global Environmental Health Solution (GEHS) is seeking to engage a female versatile professional with a background in either, English, Linguistics, Business/Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Computing and Information Technology, or any related field with prerequisite skills in customer service, communication and administration. This candidate will handle all visitors/clients in a friendly and professional manner either in person or via calls. She will also organize and coordinate all office operations and procedures in order to ensure the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency.
B. SCOPE OF WORK
The AO reports to the Head of the organization and is responsible for ensuring that the general office runs smoothly. She must be result oriented and will be expected to carry out a range of administrative and customer relations tasks. As the first point of contact, she will have a unique responsibility of making a good first impression as the image of the organization to visitors/clients. She must be courteous, friendly and professional. She will also fill in a minor security role by monitoring access to the office by visitors/clients.
The responsibilities of the AO include the following:
❖ CUSTOMER SERVICE:
• Control the reception area and provide the first point of contact for visitors or callers to the office.
• Welcomes visitors as well as receive and answer/route calls.
• Direct and navigate visitors/clients to the right areas in the office.
• Handle enquiries from the public and provide information relating to the company.
• Receive and oversee the description of incoming mails.
• Maintain visitor’s general database.
❖ OFFICE ADMINISTRATION:
• Provide general administrative support to the Head of the organization and staff.
• Undertake general administrative duties including:
- General word processing.
- Filing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Prepare/edit letters, memos, agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions of meetings.
- Purchase and track office provision and stationeries; check stock to determine inventory levels, anticipate needed supplies and verify receipts of supply.
- Ensure that all office equipment are in working order at all times.
- Organize office maintenance and repair works.
- Maintain and update the central filing system.
• Ensure general office cleanliness and tidiness.
• Monitor office security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Maintain close links and inform the Head of the organization of all issues likely to affect the operation of the organization.
❖ TRAINING EVENT SUPERVISION:
• Ensure the smooth running of in-house and client training events.
• Ensure training room is properly set up ahead of programme time.
• Ensure all in-house training materials are available before training programme.
• Direct the work of contract personnel, including resource persons, caterers and other key points of contact.
• Ensure all participants and clients are satisfied.
• Undertake inventory of equipment and other items at the beginning and ending of training.
• Describe products/services and explain operations and care of facility and equipment to clients.
❖ STORAGE FACILITY SUPERVISION:
• Exercise general control over all activities related to the storage facility.
• Ensure safe keeping of all stored items.
• Maintain proper and up-to-date record of stock.
• Check and receive items into the stores and arrange for storage in appropriate places.
• Issue materials only in required quantities against authorized requisition notes/material list.
• Check book balances, with the actual physical stock at frequent intervals.
D. ENTRY REQUIREMENT
Candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following:
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Computing and Information Technology
• Additional qualification will be an advantage.
• Candidate should have at least 2 years working experience in an administrative role in an office.
❖ REQUIRED SKILLS
The following skills are required to be considered for this position:
• Excellent and verbal communication skills
• Excellent phone manners
• Fluent and sensitive
• Proficient in internet and MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Decision making skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Effective organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize work flow
• Self-motivated and able to follow procedures and perform routine tasks with minimum supervision
• Security conscious and alert
❖ PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Articulate, neat, respectful and friendly
• Honest and trustworthy
• Team player
• Demonstrate sound work ethics.
E. WORK CONDITION
• Expected to come in early and work late during busy periods.
• Smart, professional dressing expected.