SALES / MARKETING OFFICER
A. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Global Environmental Health Solution (GEHS) is seeking to engage a Sales/Marketing Officer to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. This candidate will be responsible for marketing GEHS health and safety equipment and products. S/He will contact potential buyers, presents products, answer questions and discusses pricing. In order to be successful in this role, candidate will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
The Officer reports to the Head of organization and has functional relationship with the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer in achieving budgeted turnover and profit, based on sales target. Duties will include sales presentations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
The main responsibility is to proactively market and sell health and safety products including Personal Protective equipment (PPE), in order to achieve turnover and profitability targets on a monthly as well as yearly basis.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Develop annual sales plan, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year which will focus sales representative on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
• Generate leads.
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Negotiates all contracts with prospective clients.
• Help determine pricing schedule for quotes, promotions and negotiations.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
• Give sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate customer records to include the company detail and developing a data base of qualified leads.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls,
presentations, closed sales and follow up activities.
• Utilize social media and sales marketing software packages.
• Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
• Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders.
• Obtain deposits and balance of payment from clients.
• Visit clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products.
• Answer client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by Head of the organization.
D. ENTRY REQUIREMENT
A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or related field is required. Ability to perform the following marketing functions is strongly desirable:
• Candidate should have at least 2 years in the sale of products and services.
❖ REQUIRED SKILLS
The following skills are required to be considered for this position:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as required.
• Experience in sales.
• Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Superb inter personal skills, including ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
• Experience using computer for a variety of tasks.
• Able to deliver proactive e-marketing campaigns via social media, web and email.
• Able to coordinate efficient responses to all external internet/social media enquiries.
• Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
❖ PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Articulate, neat, respectful and friendly
• Honest and trustworthy
• Demonstrate high integrity
• Strong team player
• Demonstrate sound work ethics.
E. WORK CONDITION
• Fast paced environment.
• Travel outside station to potential and current clients may be required.
• Smart, professional dressing is expected.